Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Level 5 Coach Development


As part of my ongoing professional development I spent the week at Plas y Brenin in April on the BCU Level 5 Inland Kayak Coach Training course. The course was fantastic and delivered by a very strong team of highly experienced and qualified instructors. I am now an Aspirant Level 5 Kayak coach.


As an aspirant Level 5 coach I will over the next 2 -3 years, be working with my mentors Dino Heald (Plas y Brenin) and Nigel ‘Wilf’ Wilford (Coach2O) towards the Coach Level 5 Assessment.


As part of this process I will be working with a number of long term students and will be designing and delivering a Youth River Skills Series which will run alongside the Youth Freestyle Series.


Pursuing my coach Level 5 qualification, helping with top end paddler development, continually developing my coaching knowledge and delivering coach education are all areas in which I have great interest.


I hope in the not so distant future to become a multi discipline level 5 coach and continue to work at coaching top level paddle sport.