Thursday, March 05, 2009

GB Freestyle Team Selection, Training at Hurley Weir Feb 2009

Since Xmas my training for the British Freestyle Team Selections 2009 has been going really well.

I have been spending a lot of time in the gym, with my personal trainer Gio and in the swimming pool at Leeds Met University in my squirt boat.

I am now in the final training preparation stages and the focus has changed to more site specific, river training. I have spent the last few weeks on the London weirs at Hurley and Hambledon with my team mate Stu Parry. Where we have been working on some new moves and we have been putting together some ride plans for both the freestyle and squirt boating competitions.

Thanks to the recent mix of weather we have been fortunate to have had a few fantastic days training in the sun and with the River Thames still full of water it is looking that Hurley Weir will be the venue for next weekend’s event.

Here is a short video of us training for the freestyle event on Hurley Weir