Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Stop Plattling – 'One Year on'


Almost a year ago to the day

I can't believe its already been a year since I won the Worlds!!! Pretty much one year on I find myself back in Plattling, Germany at the site of the 2011 World Championships. Bare and quiet it is now back to being a typical small town with a river side park that happens to have a great freestyle feature. It's strange being back without the hype and mayhem of the big event but it is also great to remember the memories of last year and even better to be able to share it once more with Den.

Claire and Den celebrate winning 2 gold medals at the 2011 World Championships
Its not long before we jump on the water and quickly test ourselves. Can I complete my old run? The levels higher so its more of a wave but super fun. Its great to try out the old routine and some of the new moves I've learnt since I was last here.

Claire O' goes big at Plattling in 2011
We stop and visit the family I lived with at the event last year and then its time to move on...

Here's a great video put together by NZ team paddler Polly Green showing how much fun we all had at the 2011 World Championships