Monday, October 26, 2015

Back in Blighty

The time has just flown by since I got back to the UK after Worlds. I have some home to the UK to catch up with friends and family and compete at the British Championships and earn some cash before I move back out to Australia to join Jez. I am based out of Leeds but on the road full time. When I first got back I completed my Level 3 qualification in Education and Training and updated my NUCO First Aid Instructors qualification. Since then I have been working for Carnegie Great Outdoors (Leeds Beckett University). I have done a week for them at the Lilleshall National Sports centre at the Battle Back Centre working with Wounded, Injured and Sick military personel and a week in the Yorkshire Dales with the NCS National Citizen Service working with young people from the North East of England. The rest of the time has been working with on the Leeds Beckett University residential programmes in the Lakes. It has been non stop but super good fun.

Hard day in the office (Malham Cove Yorkshire)

Not a bad view on the walk to work ;)

Another day in the office (Ulswater, Lake District)

Teaching basic river running skills to students
(Patterdale Lake District)

I have been climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, surfing, caving and been to see Everest, Mexico and Mars, ok the last three were at the cinema but I think it still counts ;) It has been a non stop 6 weeks. The most important part, of being back home in the UK for the last 6 weeks though, has been the chance to catch up with my family and friends. I had an amazing weekend in the Lake District Sailing with my Dad, Grandad, Sister and family. A weekend in London watching War Horse and Alan Carr with my mum and friends, I have competed in and won the 2015 British Championships, supported and cheered on by my family and friends and now I am about to spend an awesome last week with my mum, dad and loads of my family and friends in Yorkshire.

Sailing with my Dad

Biking with my mum

My Dads family all together for a weekend in the Lakes

My sister and awesome little nephew on my dads boat

Scout serenades my mum with music on her birthday
(Kings Cross Station, London)
I've been loving being back in the UK and its been great to catch up and see everyone. Its crazy to think I have only 9 days left but at the same time I am ready and excited to head of on my next adventure and get back to Australia, to get back to training and to reunited with Jez and everyone in Australia again.

Double trouble. 9 days until the next adventure begins